RetailNext is looking for a Sales Engineer to join their growing team, supporting clients in the APAC Market. As an active member of the RetailNext engineering and sales teams, the Sales Engineer will support the functions critical to partner productivity. This person will be responsible for assisting partners with customer facing technical details and responsibilities, including on-site training and troubleshooting, proposal development (with Account Leads), on-site demos, level 1 troubleshooting, adoption of technology within an organization and other day-to-day technical assistance. This position will report to the Regional Business Development Director in that region. The responsibilities will vary between presales support (demonstrations, customer visits, process assessments) and after sales support (customer training, solution implementations, level 1 troubleshooting.)
- Work as a key member of a solution selling team by performing the following functions:
- Support partners with pre-qualification of prospects
- Identify customer’s objectives and needs
- Develop and deliver compelling product demonstrations which tie RetailNext solutions to customer needs
- Support all technical aspects of the sales cycle around the entire portfolio (hardware, software and services)
- Ability to present and sell solutions to all levels within an account (business as well as technical audiences)
- Strong leadership skills to own and lead all technical aspects of the sales process
- Strong understanding of the industry, space and competition and have the ability to position the solutions to best assist in winning the business
- Ability to manage multiple accounts/opportunities at the same time
- Work with client in pre-deployment phase to ensure all technical infrastructure is developed (VPN, Connectivity, File Transfers for POS, WFM, etc.)
- Present training and service offerings to the client and recommend any additional useful services, keeping the Partner informed
- Contribute to the definition of the detailed proposal and implementation plan with project planning scoping and quantification
- Develop the client business relationship by identifying business opportunities (services, products) during meetings with clients, training sessions or any other occasion
- Work with Support Engineering and Client to identify and troubleshoot any system issues related to connectivity, zone configuration, reporting, etc.
- Provide on-site technical training as needed
- Identify any end-user training requirements and coordinate, as necessary, through after-sales services department.
The person who fills this role will be someone who:
- At least 3 years application pre sales experience required
- Experience with both Windows and Linux environments is required
- Knowledge of basic IP networking is required
- Excellent communication skills. Multiple languages a plus
- Experience with scripting on Linux environments is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Strong expertise working with and selling to Retail or Financial/Banking accounts
- Strong technology background (hardware, software, etc)
- Strong solution selling experience
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and across all levels of the organization.
- A passion for and/or interest in innovative software technologies.
- Is a self-starter and can work autonomously while still keeping relevant stakeholders up to date on progress
Qualified applicants should e-mail a current resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com
Careers at RetailNext
See what it's like to work at RetailNext: www.retailnext.net/about-us/careers