SAN JOSE, Calif. – October 29, 2013 – RetailNext, Inc., the in-store analytics market leader, today announced additional investment in global expansion. The company grew its operations and leadership teams outside of the U.S. and acquired UK-based consultancy Illogik Ltd. in 2013 to expand its technical presence in EMEA regions.
RetailNext brings e-commerce-style measurements and analytics to physical stores and shopping centers. With technical support, business development, engineering, and sales teams now based in several countries, including the U.K., Switzerland, Russia, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Malaysia, RetailNext is a rapidly growing global brand. Today, more than 100 retailers globally are using RetailNext to optimize marketing and increase profit per shopper in their stores.
Global Growth Highlights
“As global retailers are rapidly embracing advanced shopper analytics, we are seeing significant growth in the number of multinational retailers who have deployed RetailNext solutions in their stores in the U.S. as well as overseas. RetailNext’s ability to scale and deliver valuable store insights across internal departments, and provide localized solutions and support to many regions, is helping drive sales with both global and local retailers. We expect to see 200% year-over-year revenue growth this fiscal year,” said Michael Manlapas, VP of International Sales at RetailNext.
RetailNext growth highlights include:
- Currencies – Platform and data reports now support 164 currencies
- Global Deployment Locations – Deployed in 33 countries including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Colombia, Dubai, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad, Turkey, UK, U.S., and more
- Languages – Localized the entire platform to include a number of new languages such as French, German, Spanish, and Russian
- Partners – More than 10 new international resellers in the UK, Russia, Turkey, Poland, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, and Brazil
In June 2013, RetailNext acquired Illogik Ltd., a specialist engineering and support consultancy business based in the U.K. Illogik has worked with clients across Europe to deploy and support large-scale distributed systems. Alexei Agratchev, Founder and CEO of RetailNext, said “Our customers and partners will greatly benefit from Illogik’s deep expertise in delivering and supporting Windows and Linux-based systems in large-scale datacenter and cloud environments.”
Strategic Leadership Additions
In addition to the existing leadership team in Europe, RetailNext made several new strategic hires to drive international growth. Key hires include:
- Victor Baneth, Director of Sales, EMEA (U.K.) – Victor has decades of executive leadership experience and a record of exceeding revenue goals for multi-national organizations. He recently served as Senior Director, Strategy, Retail Global Business Unit, for Oracle Corp., following the company’s acquisition of Advanced Visual Technology Ltd, where he was Co-founder and CEO, delivering enterprise solutions for the retail industry with range and space planning. Victor’s expertise in omnichannel retailing, customer intelligence, big data analytics, and mobile commerce provide ideal skills to grow and serve RetailNext’s customer base across EMEA.
- Ray Hom, Director of Business Development, APAC (Singapore) – Ray has more than 25 years of client management, consulting and sales experience in the retail industry working for leading software organizations, including RedPrairie (formerly JDA Software) and Radiant Systems (acquired by NCR) in Asia and the U.S. His areas of focus include enterprise inventory and workforce management, business intelligence, e-Commerce, and POS solutions for leading retailers. Ray’s expertise and experience in technology and retail operations will help drive rapid expansion of RetailNext’s customer and partner base throughout Asia.
- Harry Manley, Director of Global Technical Services (U.S.) – As the Head of Technical Services for RetailNext, Harry will grow and oversee RetailNext’s technical services team, implementing world-class support that ensures satisfaction by customers and independent resellers across regions. Harry brings more than 17 years of continuous innovation in managing global technical teams, large-scale high performance distributed systems, technical support, and engineering to RetailNext.
RetailNext is the leader in Applied Big Data for brick-and-mortar retail, delivering real-time analytics that enable retailers and manufacturers to collect, analyze, and visualize in-store data. The company’s patent-pending solution uses best-in-class video analytics, Wi-Fi detection, on-shelf sensors, and data from point-of-sale systems and other sources to automatically inform retailers about how people engage with their stores. The highly scalable RetailNext platform easily integrates with promotional calendars, staffing systems, and even weather services, to analyze how internal and external factors impact customer shopping patterns – providing retailers with the ability to identify opportunities for growth, execute changes, and measure success.
RetailNext tracks more than 500 million shoppers per year by collecting data from more than 65,000 sensors in retail stores and analyzing trillions of data points annually. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, RetailNext is a growing global brand operating in more than 30 countries.