In the execution of today’s marketing initiatives, SMS text messaging often gets overlooked, and it’s not for reason either. It’s easy for retail to get caught up in the bells and whistles of social media, email, mobile apps and other avenues of delivering marketing messages.
But, SMS offers a direct line of communication to consumers, with a core strength lying in its immediacy. Used the correct way – offering value to shoppers when they’re on the move and need timely information delivered succinctly – SMS is a critical tool in a retail marketer’s portfolio. Consider the following:
- 97 percent of SMS text messages are opened (as compared to just 20 percent of emails)
- 75 percent of people would prefer to have offers sent to them via SMS text
- 67 SMS text messages are sent daily, on average, by each and every Millennial
The infographic below, developed by Trumpia, gives a retail marketer all the information needed to develop and execute SMS campaigns. So, go forth, connect with shoppers and round out your mobile engagement strategies by taking a step back and re-capturing the proven returns of SMS texting.
RetailNext’s Mobile Engage solution doesn’t do SMS texting; it makes your SMS texting more effective. Download the Mobile Engage solution brief to find out how.
- Bringing Sexy SMS Back Blog
- [INFOGRAPHIC] Mobile’s Continued Retail Disruption Blog
- [WEBINAR RECAP] Engaging 100% of Your Mobile Shoppers – No App Required! Blog
- 3 Critical Factors to Ensure Retail Marketing Success Blog