Today, RetailNext announced it acquired Pikato, a Chicago-based company whose cloud-based software transforms retail mobile marketing channels into personal, one-to-one interactions between retailers and shoppers.
By fully integrating the Pikato mobile engagement solution into RetailNext’s comprehensive retail analytics platform, it creates the first enterprise marketing and engagement engine that incorporates and leverages in-store data on shopper behaviors. The result is a capability for retailers to deliver even more relevant, more personalized communications to their shoppers.
Not only can RetailNext now empower retailers to deliver more effective mobile marketing messages to shoppers, RetailNext is instantly the market leader in the space. Consider the following:
- RetailNext now engages a total customer population of 47.6 million individual shoppers
- 7 million unique monthly visitors engage with the platform
- The mobile marketing platform is already deployed in close to 10,000 individual stores and almost 200 malls
The retail industry has been hit with repeated disruptions, and perhaps none has been as disruptive as the proliferation of mobile devices as today’s new shoppers embark on their twisting, circuitous new shopping journeys. Mobile’s numbers are already staggering, and consider this – they’re only getting bigger:
- 15.4 percent – mobile’s share of digital spending worldwide
- 50 percent – mobile’s share of overall online U.S. retail traffic
- 55 percent of shoppers have used mobile devices in-store
- 62 percent of mobile shoppers indicate information gathered via mobile is more beneficial than in-store product displays
But, don’t make the mistake of thinking mobile engagement with shoppers means apps and only apps. While apps are often downloaded, in practice, few are actually used – it’s estimated that at best just five percent of a retailer’s mobile traffic is through its app. So, what about the other 95 percent?
The new RetailNext solution, marketed as Targeted Marketing & Engagement™, breaks out beyond the app and truly transforms the way CMOs and retail marketers drive shopper engagement, shopper loyalty and, of course, sales, and it does so via all mobile channels in delivering timely, relevant and personalized interactions. Capabilities of the platform include:
- Retail marketers can now plan and execute targeted, mobile interactions with ease and at scale, deploying and activating in weeks with no disruption to the business, its channel vendors or its in-house IT environment
- Promotional offers and communications delivered to shoppers will increase in relevance and effectiveness as the system employs advanced machine learning and rules, incorporating and analyzing hundreds of data points – and for the first time ever, in-store data on shoppers and their shopping behavior
- Retail marketers can finally manage 1:1 personalized engagements across every communication channel, including SMS, Point-of-Sale, email, in-store Wi-Fi, beacons and more, effectively making RetailNext the single targeted marketing and engagement platform retailers need
New capabilities and effectiveness in targeted marketing and mobile engagement start right here, right now. For more information on RetailNext’s Targeted Marketing & Engagement solution, please contact your RetailNext account director or contact us.