RetailNext is a fast-growing retail technology company looking to expand our team with talented individuals who possess that rare combination of people skills and technical acumen.
As a Sales Engineer at RetailNext, you will support our customers through the sales cycle and ensure their continued satisfaction with our solution. You must love experimenting with new technologies and making them work in real-world environments, and you must enjoy interacting with people and helping to improve their daily lives through technology.
Work as a key member of a solution selling team by performing the following functions:
- Identify customer’s objectives and needs.
- Develop and deliver compelling product demonstrations which tie RetailNext solutions to customer needs.
- Support all technical aspects of the sales cycle around the entire portfolio (hardware, software, and services).
- Present and sell solutions to all levels within an account (business as well as technical audiences).
- Possess the strong leadership skills necessary to own and lead all technical aspects of the sales process.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the industry, space, and competition and have the ability to position the solutions in the best way to assist in winning business.
- Manage multiple accounts/opportunities at the same time.
- Work with clients in pre-deployment phase to ensure all technical infrastructure is developed (VPN, Connectivity, File Transfers for POS, WFM, etc.).
- Contribute to the definition of the detailed proposal and implementation plan with project planning, scoping, and quantification.
- Develop the client business relationship by identifying business opportunities (services, products) during meetings with clients, in training sessions, or on any other occasion.
- Work with Support Engineering and client to identify and troubleshoot any system issues related to connectivity, zone configuration, reporting, etc.
- Provide on-site technical training as needed.
- Identify any end-user training requirements and coordinate, as necessary, through after-sales services department.
Experience and Education
The person who fills this role will be someone who has these qualifications:
- At least 5 years of pre-sales or relevant experience (required).
- Knowledge of basic IP networking, including routing, NATs, firewalls, etc. (required).
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for and/or interest in innovative cutting-edge technologies.
- A strong desire to help people get the most out of technology
- Experience on Linux and Windows environments a plus.
- Basic Knowledge of SQL a plus.
- Strong technology background (hardware, software, etc.).
- Strong solution-selling experience, ideally in the retail industry.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and across all levels of the organization.
- The drive of a self-starter who can work autonomously while still keeping relevant stakeholders up to date on progress.
Qualified applicants should e-mail a current resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Careers at RetailNext
See what it's like to work at RetailNext: www.retailnext.net/about-us/careers