RetailNext is the worldwide market leader and expert in brick-and-mortar retail analytics. Headquartered in San Jose, California, RetailNext is a growing global brand with installations in nearly 90 countries worldwide. We track more than a billion shopping trips per year via sensors at retail stores all around the world, and our retail customers leverage this data to measure and optimize their stores, and to provide a better shopping experience..
RetailNext is seeking for an experienced Frontend developer for SmartOps Team, which develops and maintains one of the key internal products. SmartOps manages all the processes related to deployment of the RetailNext products to our customers' stores. It operates various business objects which have complex interrelations. SmartOps UI is an SPA (Single Page Application) built using ember.js (Octane edition), ember-data, ember-concurrency, TypeScript, Zod etc. It is a very data-centric application with complicated business logic. On the backend we use microservices written in Go, Cassandra, Elastic, Kafka, PubSub, etc. Smartops integrates with a bunch of 3rd-party services such as NetSuite, SalesForce, ShipEngine, EasyPost, etc. Smartops is a cloud based application with CI/CD pipeline. We deliver our application several times a day, so all our users get the updated version of the app almost immediately. We have good test coverage including end-to-end tests integrated into our deployment pipeline. We follow Kanban processes.
For a probation period your main goal will be to help completely rebuild our corporate website using a modern technology stack. We will be using a headless CMS, along with a static site generator, such as Next.js, and a global CDN to power the site.
This is a position that requires strong frontend development skills, along with some backend skills. The site will be tightly integrated with various marketing measurement and testing tools, so the candidate must have the ability to quickly understand third-party APIs and integrate them into the site.
What you'll do:
- Partnership with our CTO and key stakeholders to develop the website and improve it over time.
- Collaboration with our design team to bring their vision to life.
- Cooperation with our digital marketing team to measure and optimize SEO, site UX, landing pages, etc.
What skills and experience are required for this job:
- Bonus points for hands-on experience in React or Node.JS
- Competitive salary
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance (Life Insurance)
- The company Stock options plan
- 50% gym compensation
- English language classes
- Relevant conference & events tickets
- Latest equipment + budget for the extra equipment or devices
- Up to 5 months of 100% paid parental leave
- Business trips to our offices / travel and expenses compensation
- Full remote work is possible, flexible work policy