RetailNext is the worldwide market leader and expert in retail analytics. Headquartered in San Jose, California, the company is a growing global brand with installations in nearly 90 countries worldwide. We track more than a billion shopping trips per year via sensors at retail stores all around the world, and our retail customers leverage this data to provide a better shopping experience.
RetailNext is seeking for a Backend Engineer for Cloud team to help us build our cloud analytics distributed system. We pull in and process data from thousands of brick and mortar stores to help our customers better understand and serve their customers.
We’re looking for Engineer preferably with experience in distributed systems or data processing at scale. We write code mostly in Go having some legacy systems still operating with Ruby. Our Cloud services reside at Google Cloud Platform and operate with Cassandra, Elastic, Google Cloud as data storages; Kafka, PubSub and RabbitMQ as message queues.
At RetailNext we use Continous Deployment (paired with Terraform/Puppet for infrastructure operations) - our code ends up at Production environment very soon after you’re done wrinting it. Therefore our Backend team is also responsible for keeping an eye on our services health and responding to production incidents quickly. We operate within a Follow-the-Sun strategy together with rolling duty schedules.
We’ve built an environment where you can focus on big problems. Low on meetings and overhead. We are a community of makers and we want people with the same mindset. Focused on building great solutions to the problems our customers face.
Who you are:
- Several years of backend or backend-like development experience
- Spoken English
Bonus points for:
- Production experience with Cassandra, Elastic, Kafka, Terraform, Puppet, etc
- Experience with a project that used continuous deployment or (specifically) Kanban
- Work experience in DevOps or infrastructure automation
- Competitive salary and the company Stock options plan
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance (PMI), Life Insurance
- 50% gym compensation
- English language classes
- Relevant conference & events tickets
- Latest equipment + budget for the extra equipment or devices
- 28 working days of holidays
- Up to 5 months of 100% paid parental leave
- Business trips to our offices / travel and expenses compensation
- Full remote work is possible, flexible work policy