The Advanced Analytics Insights team at RetailNext is looking for an Insights Analyst to continue the team's place as a leader in the retail analytics space.
The Insights team works with companies from large, traditional brands to digital natives to help them understand their shopper behavior and optimize their consumer experience. Unlike traditional surveying and observation, we use big data to give visibility to the in-store shopping experience that was traditionally only available in e-commerce.
About the Role:
As the demand for advanced analytics continues to grow at a rapid pace, we are seeking an Insights Analyst who can help the team grow efficiently, while at the same time pushing our capabilities even further.
Be a Data Expert
- A sharp, critical thinker who follows questions and challenges through to the end, and suggests further avenues of exploration to fully uncover insights
- Have a strong ability to visualize how our data represents shoppers moving through spaces, and to use the best methodology to draw out the right answer, or develop new methodologies as needed
- Evaluating current processes, identifying and implementing improvements to optimize efficiency
- Identifying and surfacing challenges in the data, project scope or timelines to the Analytics Lead and Consulting team, and providing thoughtful solutions
- Support in developing new ways to use our data, partner with R&D and Product team to publish new features
- Work with our ecosystem partners to develop ways to incorporate new datasets into our analyses, including CRM, beacon and other shopper data points
- Be a technical counterpart to Consulting team, translating client requests into a technical scope and translate outputs into shopper behavior
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data visualization to tell the story behind the numbers and provide recommendations to retail leadership
- Attend client calls and meetings; interface with clients as needed to understand their needs and explain results, methodologies etc.
- 2+ years experience in analytics & insights, and presenting findings to cross-functional teams and clients
- 2+ years of experience in analyzing large data sets with Python, R, or other programming languages (Python preferred)
- Strong, critical thinker who can work independently and is comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge in visualizing insights with Tableau or other visualization tools a plus
- Interpersonal experience and experience building collaborative relationships with the development and execution of strategies/initiatives
- Experience presenting complex data and recommendations to customers a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint a plus