RetailNext is looking for a full-time Account Director to sell to new and upsell existing customers.
RetailNext, a fast-growing, venture-backed technology company in the in-store analytics space, seeks a full-time Account Director to support its growing Sales organization. The company's RetailNext platform provides an in-store information platform with outstanding analytics and insight in order to maximize key metrics of product and store performance specific to the retail environment. With its video recording and analytics, POS transaction data integration, and advanced data mining features, RetailNext delivers an in-store intelligence platform which is easily used on a daily basis for store optimization at all levels. RetailNext is the next level in understanding customer behavior, which provides data for all departments to use to make better decisions in order to ultimately drive sales and deliver a superior customer experience. The key responsibilities of the person who fills this position will be to prospect, pilot, and close business with new and existing accounts. Headquarters are in San Jose, CA.
- Achieves an annual quota across all named accounts once fully ramped.
- Develops new prospects, whether they’re introduced by a business partner, a direct inquiry, or a cold-called client.
- Develops corporate contacts and cultivates relationships at all levels that enhance the company’s position, leading to incremental business within the designated accounts.
- Maintains regular contact with account base and increases revenue by positioning and demonstrating new and existing services, preparing appropriate ROIs, and closing the expansion sale.
- Prepares quarterly and yearly account plans for each account.
- Generates, develops, manages, and communicates expectations within assigned accounts as well as increasing the scope of penetration within each account.
- Qualifies new opportunities and prospects, evaluates the size of opportunities, and articulates probability of closure within existing accounts.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation in Salesforce.com of all activity.
- Maintains broad knowledge of company capabilities versus the strengths/weaknesses of competitive products.
- Maintains close working relationship with product personnel to know product futures and timing as well as feedback concerns and requests from prospects.
- Negotiates pricing and implementation and prepares proposals/change orders.
- Is prepared to travel up to 50% to client locations.
- The person who fills this role will be someone who possesses these qualities:
- Has a passion for understanding marketplace analytics and can craft a story to explain the benefit of RetailNext in driving organizational excellence through operations, marketing, merchandising, loss prevention, and IT.
- Loves to sell and is comfortable building relationships at all levels and from all stages of development (cold-calling to maintaining strong relationships with existing customers).
- Enjoys and is comfortable interacting with and presenting to C-level executives and senior managers both within the client organization and internally.
- Has strong communication skills and is able to communicate technology as an approachable and understandable tool.
- Has strong project management skills and is not afraid to roll up his or her sleeves to ensure smooth execution of a project.
- Works well with cross-functional teams and is team oriented to ensure maximum results for clients and RetailNext.
- Is a self-starter and can work autonomously while still keeping relevant stakeholders up to date on progress.
Applicants will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate degree in business or other relevant discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in enterprise software sales. The ideal candidate will have experience selling to big-box retailers and/or will have experience selling retail- oriented, complex software applications (Payroll/Staff Management Systems, POS
- Systems, CRM applications, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of the retail landscapes with an emphasis on big-box, 1000+ chain retailers.
- Strong presentation skills and knowledge of MS Office products.
- Experience working in a start-up or entrepreneurial environment highly desirable.
- Fluent in German or French
- Fluent in English