RetailNext, a fast-growing, venture-backed technology company in the in-store analytics space, seeks a full-time PMO Manager to support and lead a team of Project Managers in Cape Town.
The company's RetailNext platform provides an in-store information platform with outstanding analytics and insight in order to maximize key metrics of product and store performance specific to the retail environment. With its video recording and analytics, POS transaction data integration, and advanced data mining features, RetailNext delivers an in-store intelligence platform which is easily used on a daily basis for store optimization at all levels. RetailNext is the next level in understanding customer behavior, which provides data for all departments to use to make better decisions in order to ultimately drive sales and deliver a superior customer experience. Headquarters are in San Jose, CA.
We are looking for an PMO leader who will lead the team by ensuring our PMO organization delivers world-class service while developing and growing the members of our team to reach their potential.
- Be an escalation point to the global Project Management team
- Identify ways to improve and streamline processes across the Project Management team
- Partner cross-functionally with internal teams to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Effectively coordinate internal, customer, and partner resources to complete planned tasks
- Create and execute operational work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing internal and external requirements
- Manage internal and external resources to complete deliverables, track progress and facilitate issue resolution
- Develop meeting agendas, coordinating resources, facilitating meetings, documenting outcomes, and driving actions to completion
- Develop clear communication cadence with the necessary internal teams which include but is not limited to: daily/weekly project status reports and distributing to the required parties
- Manage ongoing project process documentation
- Coordinate staffing of project resources; escalate to internal team managers if internal staffing is not available
- Utilize existing processes including checkpoint reviews and documentation, and contribute to process improvement
- Have an understanding of technical requirements for each type of RetailNext implementation
- Ensure that department housekeeping is kept current by review & utilization of the various internal systems and reports (Netsuite, SmartOps etc). If any anomalies are identified, put corrective measures in place or escalate as necessary
- Ensure direct report adherence to all RetailNext policies & procedures
- Working hours EMEA & US timezones (12pm-9pm).
- Able to work EMEA & US timezones (12pm-9pm).
- Previous experience in managing a high performing team
- Previous experience within the technology sector and or a technical IT background advantageous
- Experience working on Netsuite would be advantageous
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and is able to communicate technology as an approachable and understandable tool
- Work well with cross-functional teams and is team oriented to ensure maximum results for client and RetailNext.