E-commerce and social media have brought retail businesses closer to customers. For example, social media gives a possibility to personalize offers and contact each customer directly, which has created the foundation of modern marketing.
Only a few years ago every retail business owner was talking about creating a website for their business, but now 91 percent of retail brands use two or more social media channels to connect with their customers.
There’s no doubt that any social media can be a great platform for promoting your retail business, either brick-and-mortar retail or online store. But in order to do it right, you have to do it smartly.
Let’s take a look at some tips to help you promote your retail business on social media successfully.
1 – Notify your customers about your social media links
For online shops, this rule goes without saying, but if you’re an owner of a brick-and-mortar retail business, you might need to tell everybody how to find more information about you on social media.
Social media platforms have made it possible to review products, with thousands of groups dedicated specifically for this sole purpose. Most millennials only buy items with online reviews, so be welcoming and tell them where they can find more information about you.
Follow these tips to do it right.
- Make sure there are links to all your social media accounts on each advertisement you place. Whether it’s an online ad or a banner on the street, it should tell people that you’re present on social media.
- Place the information about social media at the cash register. Your customers might want to read it while waiting for their purchase to be packed.
- Educate your staff about the necessity of telling clients about your social media accounts. Another good idea is to offer discounts to anybody who leaves a comment or does a repost through social media.
2 – Improve your content
High-quality content, both visual and textual, is half of the success of your product. And working hard on your content is a thing you must do both for your website and all your social media accounts.
Video promotions rule the marketing world right now. People want to see engaging content, and video marketing offers them exactly what they want. Another benefit of video marketing is that it increases conversions and sales by 80 percent, so no wonder many retailers like posting videos on their social media.
Being one of the most popular retailers in the world, H&M often informs their customers about the upcoming collaborations by putting small promo videos on their Instagram and Facebook pages.
Image credit: Facebook/H&M
In these short videos that are about 5-10 seconds long, they briefly show pieces from their new collection, as well as models with whom they have a chance to collaborate. It’s a great way to let customers into the world of retail and invite them to react to the upcoming collaborations.
Creating a marketing video might seem overwhelming. To make the process easier and more enjoyable, try using these tools:
- RendrFX: this tool makes video creation and editing extremely easy. Just add your content and use one of the designed templates.
- Wideo: a very helpful tool for creating videos and engaging presentations. Choose a template and create a great marketing video in five minutes.
- Animoto: this tool allows customers to create professional marketing videos for businesses, as well as slideshow videos for photographers and also videos for personal use. There are also tons of videos on the website for inspiration.
While working on your videos, don’t forget about written content. It is as important as any visual content, as it also sends very important messages to your customers. “Written content should never be underestimated,” says Kathrine Barkley, a developer at college-paper.org. “Together with any type of visual content, they create a perfect image of your product.”
3 – Talk to your audience
Targeted advertising is a must in the world of modern marketing. But keeping your audience updated as well as appreciating their feedback is important as well.
To know what your audience wants and needs, you might need to do a survey once in a while. This will help you make the promotion of your retail business on social media more efficient. For faster processing of the needs of your audience, you might want to take a look at the following tools:
- Google Forms: one of the most effective and easy-to-use tools, it allows you to analyze results and organize them to create a final report.
- SurveyMonkey: a great surveying and analyzing tool that comes in multiple languages.
- Typeform: enables the creation of wonderful personalized surveys that will generate more results.
Promoting your retail business on social media is an easy task, as long as you know exactly what your customers want to experience. Tell everybody about your social media accounts, reward your customers for being active followers of your brand, and your efforts will definitely pay off.
About the writer: Nancy Spektor has sharpened her pencil at The Daily of the University of Washington. After graduation, she decided to combine her business degree with her passion for written communication at www.a-writer.com. Nancy writes about marketing strategies, content management and other topics she finds intriguing. If she is not composing on her laptop or notebook, most of the times you can find her playing with her dog, Bok Choy.
- 5 Visual Merchandising Tips to Boost Retail Performance Blog
- Amazon Go … It’s So Very Amazon Blog
- Essential Store Metrics Begin at the Front Door Blog
- When It Comes to Shopper Traffic, Accuracy is Everything Blog