The possibilities for mobile marketing are exciting, and they are growing every day with the rapid development of new technologies and techniques. Nearly half the world’s population accesses the Internet via mobile devices, making mobile advertising a leading revenue-generating channel for retailers.
Today, RetailNext shares an infographic crafted by Connext Digital, “The Domination of Mobile Ads: Statistics and Trends,” featuring a collection of the most recent statistics and facts about mobile advertising.
Consider the following:
- By 2020, global advertising spending on mobile could reach $247.4 billion
- Mobile ads on social media can generate a more than 1 percent click-through rate compared with traditional display ads’ click-through rate of 0.05 percent
- 60 percent of all social media activities take place on mobile devices
Whether you’ve been advertising on mobile for years or you’re just getting started, check out the infographic below for some useful tips.
- Boosting In-Store Sales with Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC] Blog
- Dealing with Negative Reviews: 6 Tips to Handle the Heat Blog
- 5 Visual Merchandising Tips to Boost Retail Performance Blog
- The Science of Sensory Marketing in Retail [INFOGRAPHIC] Blog