Target marketing is not just about shopper generations like boomers, millennials and Gen Z, or other demographic variables like gender. It also includes geography, as well.
According to Retail Economics, the total value of retail sales in the United Kingdom eclipsed £358 billion in 2016, where one third of all consumer spending went through retail. In the nifty new infographic “Brits’ Buying Habits and Behaviours Marketers Need to Know,” our friends at CM Brand provide actionable tips for retail marketers around some key identifiable trends, including:
- UK shoppers are loyal
- UK shoppers value free, reliable delivery and product returns
- UK shoppers research products online, but stores are still essential to the buying journey
- Sales associates must have thorough product knowledge and an ability to check inventory levels
- and much more
Check out the infographic, below, to find out the tips to more effectively marketing to British consumers.
- Move Over Experience, Make Room for Empowerment Blog
- How to Host a Killer In-Store Event for Your Retail Shop Blog
- Retail Performance Pulse: September Storms Dampen Store Results Blog
- Tailoring Your Store Staff Toward Shopper Service Blog