NEW YORK – January 15, 2016 – RetailNext Inc., the worldwide expert and market leader in retail analytics for optimizing shopper experiences at brick-and-mortar retail stores, today announced further breakthrough capabilities for its industry-leading retail analytics platform, as well as introduced the retail industry’s first ever purpose-built, all-in-one sensor for collecting in-store data streams. RetailNext will be showcasing its innovations during the National Retail Federation’s annual The BIG Show in New York City, January 17-19, in booth #3453.
“As the pioneer and continual innovator in the retail analytics industry, our customers have come to expect RetailNext to deliver advanced technologies and value-added products, services and solutions,” said Alexei Agratchev, CEO and co-founder of RetailNext. “RetailNext has added over 100 retail brands and 12,000 store deployments over the past 12 months, and much of its growth has been fueled by its ability to keep pace with the innovation our customers are looking for to support today’s evolving retail landscape.”
Expanded platform capabilities
RetailNext continues to push the envelope of analytics software innovation, stretching the capabilities of its hardware-agnostic SaaS platform with the introduction of expanded features, including:
- Industry-first Loss Prevention POS exception reporting with integrated video that automatically alerts LP professionals to transactions like cash refunds and post-sale voids where customers are not present, facilitating early identification of suspicious activity and efficient and effective investigations and case resolution
- Unique Full Path Analysis (FPA) module detailing shoppers’ complete in-store shopping journeys, with capabilities to specify queries, set parameters and retrieve data reports directly from within the RetailNext user interface (UI)
- Complete two-way integration of Mobile Engage™, empowering CMOs and retail marketers to drive engagement, loyalty and sales via mobile and other personalized interactions
“The value RetailNext delivers to its retailer customers is driven in large part by the continuous development and innovation of its platform to directly address the retail industry’s toughest challenges,” said Agratchev. “With almost monthly updates and the flexibility of cloud-based and on-premise solutions, the RetailNext platform allows retailers to focus their attention solely where it needs to be – shoppers and their shopping experiences.”
Aurora all-in-one sensor
Unlike other industry combination sensors, RetailNext’s Aurora® sensor is the first true, all-in-one device designed specifically for the needs of the retail industry, and is not only seamlessly integrated into RetailNext’s cloud-based and on-premise platforms, but also easily adaptable and aesthetically designed for a variety of uncompromising in-store applications.
From outside the store to and through the store entrance and onto shoppers’ mobile devices, Aurora simplifies shopper behavior measurement with a state-of-the-art sensor fusing video analytics, Bluetooth BLE and Wi-Fi technologies. Simply installed, the Aurora sensor allows retailers to:
- Comprehensively understand store traffic, from accurate store traffic at the door to store navigation
- Automatically exclude store staff from traffic and key KPI metrics, as well as isolate employee paths to complete interaction analysis of sales associates and shoppers
- Measure the entire shopper journey, including new versus repeat customer, visit frequency and duration, pass-by traffic, capture rate and more
- Engage with shoppers through Aurora’s built-in Bluetooth capabilities, without the need for any additional beacon hardware
“The Aurora sensor was developed to fill a gap RetailNext and its retailing customers identified in the sensor hardware market,” said Arun Nair, chief technology officer and co-founder at RetailNext. “Rather than deploying a ceiling full of sensors, Aurora allows retailers an option to install a single device, designed and built for retail’s specific needs, and one that is both aesthetically pleasing and seamlessly integrated with the RetailNext platform. While RetailNext continues to remain committed to a hardware-agnostic software platform, it is as steadfastly committed to helping retailers solve their most pressing problems, and the Aurora sensor immediately addresses unmet needs in the industry.”
Big Ideas at The BIG Show
On the first day of the BIG Show, Sunday, January 17, at 11:00 am, Shelley E. Kohan, vice president of retail consulting at RetailNext, will be facilitating the Big !deas session, “In-Store Analytics: How to Organize Internally for Maximum Impact.” Kent Bassett, vice president of corporate and retail consumer insights at VF Corporation, and Jeff Fisher, global store experience & visual merchandising director for Sunglass Hut at Luxottica Group, will join Kohan to highlight approaches and showcase in-store analytics best practices to inform decision making and grow business.
The first technology platform to bring e-commerce style shopper analytics to brick-and-mortar stores, brands and malls, RetailNext is a pioneer in focusing entirely on optimizing the shopper experience. Through its centralized SaaS platform, RetailNext automatically collects and analyzes shopper behavior data, providing retailers with insight to improve the shopper experience real time.
More than 250 retailers in over 50 countries have adopted RetailNext’s analytics software and retail expertise to better understand the shopper journey in order to increase same-store sales, reduce theft and eliminate unnecessary costs. RetailNext is headquartered in San Jose, CA. Learn more at www.retailnext.net.
RetailNext Inc. and RetailNext are trademarks of RetailNext Inc. in the United States.